Superfast broadband (also known as fibre to the cabinet, or FTTC) is when a fibre cable runs from an exchange to a street cabinet that contains broadband equipment. From here it is linked to buildings and homes via an existing copper network which then connects the business to Fibre broadband. This results is lightning fast download speeds with more resilience and stability than traditional broadband.
Why choose Fibre broadband?
- Surf, upload or download data very rapidly, even when several users are on the same connection
- Enjoy higher quality VoIP and video calls
- Less waiting time for rich media, large complex files and online business processes
- Utilise more cloud computing resources, thereby reducing hardware and software expense
- Additional bandwidth will improve the performance of Virtual Private Networks, making uploading and downloading of files more efficient - employees can work remotely more easily
- Prepare for the future – Fibre broadband enables businesses to manage change more efficiently